Re: acid free?

The Grandee is the most controlled storage, the sheets were stored alone in
a metal flat file. The Americana, in it's original shipping carton. They
were both shipped to me about 4 months ago.

The non Strathmore sheets mentioned were stored in a flat file in an
environment of mixed sheets. Perhaps 2 months old (to me).

The things I'm wondering is: can I legitimately claim that books containing
these papers are acid free (or archival). The manufacturer seems quite happy
to do so.

Is it ethical for me to make albums with materials that were acid free at
the time of manufacture, subjected to reasonably clean handling but with the
knowledge of their inevitable deterioration and sell them as acid free?

Should I reserve the term 'archival' for other materials that I know to be
buffered against acid development through age and environmental exposure? (I
have some 'archival' corrugated board from Gaylord that measures pH 5.39.
It's been sealed in the original shipping carton for nearly a year).

Are these buzz words without real meaning in the marketplace?

Don Drake
Dreaming Mind

www.dreamingmind.com
ddrake@dreamingmind.com