Re: A visit to Montreal

Trying to bring this thread back to the book arts...

I just got some stamps from Canada which celebrate the book arts.  The picture
shwos a books pages being fanned out on top and a pair of hands sewing a
headband at the bottom.  The design is credited to Monique Dufour and Sophie
Lafortune.  The caption below the picture says "Reliure/Bookbinding."  The
denomination is "1" (one), and I'm not sure if that is 1 (one) Canadian dollar
or 1 cent.  I'm going to assume it is in dollars since the book arts are worth
so much.

So here it is folks... Tying the French vs. English thread (no pub intended)
with the Montreal/Quebec places to visit and question with the book arts.

Anyone else know of any book arts theme related stamps from around the world?

Eric

 Eric Alstrom       Hanover, NH
 Book: Artist | Binder | Conservator
 bookbinder@dartmouth.edu