thin metal follow up

... snip ... A third possibility is disused litho plates from any printer.
They are big, regular and thin enough to handle with conventional cutting
tools. ... snip

What a great idea!

Some time ago, I was doing some origami boxes with cut and flattened aluminum
soda cans. They were very brittle and tough to work with. I also used some
thin aluminum baking and roasting trays -- but they were too soft.

I have access to hundreds of printing plates and never thought of using them.
They should work great and are cheap enough to buy new if you want a virgin
surface. You could probably even take them to an aluminum (faceplate and
label) shop and have them anodized in almost any color.

--
Tel: 805-965-5574 / Fax 805-965-2414 / email: mrcinc@silcom.com
Websites: http://www.modelshops.com and http://www.papershops.com and