Re: Gocco Printer

yay! i can answer gocco questions...  first of all, definitely buy one.
it's one of the best, most fun things i've ever owned.  its uses seem
limitless, sometimes.

the inks, for the most part, are not very opaque.  for example, you cannot
print yellow, pink, light blue, or any pale colors on black.  it might
show up a little, but in my experience ends up disappointing.  the silver,
however, i've found to be much more opaque.  i think silver on black would
work just fine.  for some reason the metallics seem to hold up much better
than the others.

i've always been amazed by how little resolution is lost with the gocco.
you can get such fine lines to show up, it's almost an exact copy of your
original.  i don't use it for photographs much (with the dot screen),
though, because i don't really like the way that ends up looking.  if i do
use a photograph, i usually xerox it several times to increase the
contrast and dull the detail a little (i guess you can do this on a
computer, too) and i am much happier with the way that prints.  so if you
want to do a lot with photographs, i think it will take a bit of
experimentation with your printer.  if it is just text or black and white
art, i think you will be very happy with the resolution on the gocco.

i've had my gocco for a couple of years now and i'm still discovering new
uses for it and trying more and more combinations of things...printing
onto things other than paper, using more than one screen, etc.  i am so
glad i have it and i wish i'd gotten it long ago.  so if you decide to get
one, have fun!

a die-hard gocco fan,
melissa