Re: YES Glue

Hi Julie:
    I have had some experience with Yes paste, about 14 years ago before I
used PVA or wheat paste. I used Yes to mount a hanging board made from 4 ply
museum mount doubled on the back of a very thick sheet (about 600 grams) of
paper printed with a cyanotype image.
    In about 6 years the paste had turned brown, dried up like the old paste
we used to use in elementary school that we called "Library Paste", and the
hanging board had broken away from the thick paper.
    I got the address of the Yes people and wrote asking what its pH was and
told them about my problem.  They replied, it was not too acid, around 4.6
to 5 and maybe I should use a thicker coat of the paste!
    So I still use it with school children in special arts projects but have
not used it since in my work because even if it weren't so acidic, breaking
apart in such a short time is unacceptable.