Re: Archival ink jet inks

An update on new Epson inks..I called 1-800-GO EPSON to inquire about the
new inks which I had also heard advertised on the radio as producing prints
that were as long-lasting as photos. Here's what the man with whom I spoke
said..He said Epson has just come out with two new printers that will use
these inks and that he had not heard of any plan to "retrofit" them for use
in older printers-although if they did, it would probably be for "photo"
Stylus types. He futher said that in order to call them archival they would
have to last for 85 years but that these could be called long-lasting
because they will last fifteen years, a significant improvement on the
current inks said to last 2 to 3 years. I can't evaluate the accuracy of
this info. one way or another but thought I'd pass it on in case others were
interrested. If anyone on the list has been doing interesting things to use
digital output to generate other kinds of prints that are more archival, I'd
be very interested in hearing about it (I've already seen the Archives on
this subject). B.E.Valenta