Re: world wide book arts/lettering art directory

Cecilia - I trust you've checked my website, which has a certain amount of
information like that - mostly in New York City and a little bit in Paris
(and Strasbourg).
Which of course leaves a few places uncovered. Secaucus, New Jersey, for
instance...

 On Sun, 26 Mar 2000, cecilia wrote:

> I am planning a new section of my website
> http://www.cecilia-letteringart.com
> which will be a world wide directory of book arts/calligraphy/lettering art
> places to go for travellers.
>
> I am not talking about web based information - I mean the real `hard copy'
> stuff. Locations of libraries displaying ancient manuscripts/artist
> books/calligraphy. Galleries, art supply shops and all that sort of thing.
>
> I need to be able to give exact addresses and telephone numbers so that
> travellers can double check before they waste time going to the wrong places or
> arriving to find closed doors. Opening days/hours would also be a bonus. Also
> (mainly for libraries) if visitors need to book ahead.
>
> I am trying to cover as many countries as people are likely to travel to, both
> cities and smaller towns.
>
> I will be thrilled to be hit with a deluge of information so I can begin sorting
> it into some sort of order.
>
> If this has already been done somewhere - please, oh p-l-e-a-s-e  STOP ME NOW!!!
>
> Otherwise can you also help me think of a concise name for this section of the
> website which will describe the information contained therein.
>
> Many thanks
> cecilia
>
> cecilia sharpley
> http://www.cecilia-letteringart.com

Paul Werner, New York City
http://pages.nyu.edu/~ptw1
     DRAGONSBLOOD AND ASHES: a project to research and teach the
techniques of the Medieval scribe and artist.
     THE ORANGE PRESS: most recent titles: "Vellum Preparation:
History and Technique," and "Dragonsblood and Ashes: the Beta
Version."
     WOID: a journal of visual language in New York, including reviews,
listings and resources.