Re: Paper grain question

I think I'd run the lining grain parallel to the backbone of the book.  There
is always some tendency for the lined material to warp along the grain, unless
the expansion of both papers is pretty equal.  Running them at right angles
ought to counteract the tendency of the original endpaper to want to curl,
which could be really noticeable if the lining grain is run parallel.

It seems to me that endpapers were VERY OFTEN cut with the grain perpendicular
to the spine of the book, and I'd like to know why...?

Carol Pratt
Eugene, OR
========