List / web milestone

Tomorrow, sometime in the early/mid afternoon the statistics counter
(seemingly more responsive) will roll over to 100,000 visitors to the Book
Arts Web at <http://www.philobiblon.com>. Of those almost half will have
come by since the statistics counter was added April 2. Currently we're
averaging about 130 visitors/day. The other counter will roll over in about
2 weeks.

Among of the most popular referring URLs  (not including search engines
like AOL, Altavista, Google...) are:
http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/LibraryLand/
http://www.cardoza-james.com/links.htm
http://www.midtel.net/~missyh/index.html/links.htm
http://webnz.com/red/book.htm
http://www.thecreativezone.com/words.html
http://www.hollanders.com/

The companion Archives space at CoOL (Conservation OnLine) is receiving
about 70 vistors/day and has received 50,000+ hits since being established
back in June of '94. 20,000+ have been since mid-June of '99.

Reasons for the huge jump in hits are a more responsive/quick counter, and
placing it on every page.

Thank you EVERYONE for making this site so successful and one of the best
out book arts resources out there. In the future, I'll continue to make
sure that new resources are added as I become aware of them and that the
site is kept up-to-date. Please keep suggestions coming.

The list has also grown continually both in subscribers, locations of
subscribers, and number/quality of postings, another credit to all of you.
Walter Henry at Stanford also deserves a big part of the credit for
maintaining the archive and making it searchable.

Thank you,

Peter

Hand binding, conservation, and project websites for historical agencies
Peter D. Verheyen
<mailto:verheyen@philobiblon.com>
<http://www.philobiblon.com>
Home of the Book Arts Web, Book_Arts-L & John Vassos Bibliography