Weights

What are some good home-made book weights? Can one
make heavy-enough weights from everyday objects? I
have a nice nipping press that I use for small books,
but what do you all use for larger books, boxes, etc.?
I'd like to make my own weights, without spending huge
amounts of money.

Thanks,

Kevin Thomas