Re: Weights

Amongst other weights already mentioned, we have been melting down old lead
and foundry type in an old, clean glue pot (the outer "water jacket"
container) under a laboratory "Bunsen" burner.  Scrape the waste off the
surface when it is molten, let it cool, tap it out with a rubber hammer,and
there you have it.  They can be picked up with one hand, weighing about 8lbs
(3.5 kg) each.  We have made ten in more recent months.

However, you need a lot of type to make them, and a lot of patience making
them!

Peter Krantz.

Book Restorations.
P.O. Box 500,
North Sydney,
N.S.W.               2059,
AUSTRALIA.

(34 Clanville Road,  Roseville,  N.S.W.  2069,  AUSTRALIA.)

Telephone:  +61 2 9416.9900
Fax:  +61 2 9416.6800
Email:  bkfndrs@ozemail.com.au

Established:  1976