Re: Weights

Here's a less toxic way to use lead type to make weights if you have access to a letterpress printer's "hellbox" of unusable, damaged lead type.

Coriander Reisbord hosted a weight workshop last year in which we built small boxes out of book board (approx 3x4x2), "set" the waste lead type in rows in the box or put in loose (depending on how heavy we wanted the weights) and, the best part, covered them with decorative paper, pictures out of a magazine, etc. They turned out to be very attractive and effective.

Jocelyn

-----
Jocelyn Bergen
Zephyrine Press