frozen pva

I have been using pva to make adhesive bound books.

On the bottle, there is a warning in capital letters - PORTECT CONTENTS
FROM FREEZING.

My question is this:

If I mail a book to someone in North America in winter, and it sits in the
back of an unheated post office truck or delivery van for a few days and
the temperature is minus a few degrees outside, will that exposure to cold
mean that the pva will become brittle or lose its adhesiveness?

Does anyone have experience with this.

Thanks.