Ink Jet Printers

I, too, am looking to buy an ink jet printer for my
Macintosh. My top priority is good looking photos
printed on plain paper. I often want to print my
artist books on various uncoated stocks, but my
current printer (a Cannon 4550) does a terrible job on
plain paper even though it prints beautifully on
Canon's high resolution (and high cost) paper.

Does anyone have a ink jet printer that prints well on
uncoated stocks?

Also, onr thing to keep in mind when shopping for a
printer. My Canon prints on 11x17 paper which has been
very valuable. If have found that 8 times out of 10
the things I want to print fit best on 11x17 paper,
both for my graphic design business and my artist
books.

Regards,

Kevin Thomas