Re: ISBN Numbers & Help

At 05:50 PM 5/10/2000 -0700, Purple Sky wrote:
>I am working on a book & I hope to make a limited edition of about 50.  I am
>in Canada.  Could someone please tell me how to apply for a Canadian ISBN
>number?

Just contact the National Library and they'll send you all the info and
forms and stuff.

>Does that cost money?

Just the cost of the answer to your next question! ;)

>Also, do I have to give a copy of my book to
>the government?

Yup! If I remember correctly, it's either one or two copies, depending on
the final size of your printing.

>How do I do this or where can I find information?  Any help
>would be very much appreciated.

Here...

         http://www.nlc-bnc.ca/isbn/e-isbn.htm

...or write to them by e-mail at <isbn@nlc-bnc.ca>.

Good luck with your book, Laura!

Ron :)

Artists can color the sky red because they know it's blue.
Those of us who aren't artists must color things the way they
really are or people might think we're stupid. - Jules Feiffer

Allow me to introduce my selves... http://www.psymon.com
Digital art, dreams & fantasies... http://www.psymon.com/art/