(Fwd) STOLEN: RARE JUDAICA BOOKS

Date:          Sun, 21 May 2000 10:35:13 -0400
From:          Olivia Hibel <olivia@ghplus.infi.net>
To:            Museum Security Network <securma@xs4all.nl>,

Subject:       STOLEN: RARE JUDAICA BOOKS

ALERT: LOOK OUT FOR THESE BOOKS,

    S T O L E N   I N   J E R U S A L E M,  APRIL 2000

Nach-Ketubim, Paris: Stephanus Ettienne, 1538-1543 (3 volss.)
Moreh Nevukhim, Venice, 1547
Toldot Adam VeChava, Venice 1551
Avodat Ha-Kodesh Jerusalem, 1847
Tenakh (Yiddish Translation by Blitz) Amsterdam: Uri Feivish,
1679
Sefer Ha-Agudah, Cracow, 1571
Avodat Ha-qodesh, Jerusalem, 1847 (second edition)
Binah la-Ittim, Venice, 1648
Givat Shaul, Amsterdam, 16___ (more information forthcoming)
Halachot Ketanot, Venice, 1704
Levush Ha-Butz Veha-Argaman Venice, 1620
Levush Ir-Shushan, Venice, 1620
Raziel Hamalakh, Amsterdam, 1701
Raziel Hamalakh, [Mezibuz, 1824]
Semag, Venice, 1547
Siddur Sha'ar Shamayim, Amsterdam, 1742
Tenakh im Perush Ha-Redaq Basle, 1619
Temut Yesharim, Venice, 1622
Tenakh. Nevi'im, Ketubim Paris: Stephanus Ettiene, 1538-1543
Toldot Adam Ve-chava Venice, 1553
Perush Rabbenu Bachya ben Asher Venice, 1566
Torah. Sefer Esrim Ve-Arba'ah im Perush Minchat Shai, Mantova,
1642
Megilat Setarim- Mss.

At the request of Mr. Kerschen, I forwarded the  above and the
following.

From:   "David Kerschen" <dhk@netvision.net.il>
To:       <hasafran@lists.acs.ohio-state.edu>

"I regret to inform you that the Yeshurun Synagogue Library was robbed during
Passover, on Hol Hamoed, most likely Sat. - Sun., April 22-23. Despite an alarm
system and triple locks.....anyone who knows of books stamped "Sifriat
Yeshrun"...please contact me. From time to time I will poste the names of titles
robbed. For starts please keep  titles in mind.

David Kerschen
The Yeshurun Library, Jersusalem

http://museum-security.org/
Generous sponsorship grants by Mosler Inc
(http://www.mosler.com/),
and the Netherlands Museums Association
(http://www.museumvereniging.nl/)
keep the Museum Security Network a free service.
http://www.museumsecurity.org/helmantel
http://www.culturalheritagewatch.org/news.htm