Re: Outstandingly bad customer service

Mats

Don't feel bad. I have experienced the same discourtesy from New York
Central Art Supply and I am (could have been) a national customer. I
suppose being situated in New York affords them enough walk in traffic
that they don't have to worry about catalog sales, although years ago they
did send me catalogs that I ordered from. When those catalogs became
hopelessly outdated I had the same experience that you mention, when
trying to replace them. I could deal with being told they no longer mail
out catalogs or even that they charge for them............but to lie about
sending them............ I don't understand. And they even lied when I
called to query when they hadn't arrived a month later. And don't even get
me started on how rude they were when I visited their store one time.
After trying to get help in the upstairs paper area for 30 minutes I
finally left the store in frustration. That was 1982 and they haven't seen
a dime of mine since then............ and never will. Life is too short.

-jack-