Re: Oregon book arts show

Dear Jennifer,
I believe what you are looking for is a laying press, used to round a book,
or a backing press, also called a job backer. This is what you should be
looking for, a laying press is basically two long blocks of wood with a
wooden or threaded metal screw at each end to tighten around the book after
sewing. A standing press would be for stacking an edition of books at the
end of forwarding, or at finished state, and is large, vertical, and often
called a French standing press ( weighs at least six hundred lbs.). A laying
press can be carried and used at tables edge.
I would have to look for the sites that might have this equipment, but I
know there are some.
Later,
Jeff