Re: Laying Press

I wanted to share another option to a the standing press situation (job
backer, lying/laying press, whatever) to round and back books, as well as
other
things-I use a Black and Decker Workmate. It functions the same as a
standing press and I use it to round and back books (with shaped boards)
It costs about$50,  and it folds down to quite a compact size. Since I am
based in New York, space is always an issue.  Tim Ely suggested it to me
years ago when I was studying with him and it seems to work just fine,
although
I don't really do major production work.

Miriam Schaer