APHA New England Chapter Meeting

                   AMERICAN PRINTING HISTORY ASSOCIATION
                            NEW ENGLAND CHAPTER

                Sneak preview of the new Museum of Printing
                             North Andover, MA

The New England Chapter of the American Printing History Association will
meet in North Andover, MA on Saturday, 3 June at 1:00 p.m. for a sneak
preview of the new Museum of Printing.

Soon to celebrate its grand opening, the Museum of Printing is "the
world's largest collection of historic and rare letterpress and offset
printing equipment." It "includes at least one of most of the important
letter presses made in the 19th and 20th centuries, both platen and
cylinder. Other technologies such as etching and offset lithography are
also represented. The museum has a wide variety of typesetting machines
from the hot-metal and phototype eras, including some peculiar ones as
well as case upon rack upon stand of foundry type. The Museum's Library
has catalogues, maintenance manuals, and influential books relevant to the
various printerly arts."  See <www.museumofprinting.org> for more
information on the Museum and its support group, the Friends of the Museum
of Printing.

Non-members are welcome to attend the meeting and tour.  If you plan to
attend, please notify APHA New England Chapter President Alice Beckwith
at:  abeckwth@providence.edu

The Museum of Printing is located at 800 Massachusetts Avenue (former site
of the Museum of Textile History) in North Andover, MA.  Driving
directions:  From the south, follow I-95 North around Boston to exit 37,
where you join I-93 North; continue on I-93 to exit 44, where you join
I-495 East; continue on I-495 to exit 43 and Massachusetts Ave.; follow
Mass. Ave. to the Museum.  From the north, take I-93 South to exit 44 and
continue as above.

For more information about APHA, point your browser to:
<www.printinghistory.org>; or write:  APHA, P.O. Box 4922, Grand
Central Station, New York, NY 10163.