Workmate as job backer

Jennifer and the List:

I wanted to second the information about the Black and Decker Workmate as a job
backer.  I have used one for several years in conjunction with backing boards
and it works well.  Also, about a year ago, Black and Decker came out with
Workmate 225 which tightens with one crank - so one hand is free to position
the textblock in the correct position.  I still tighten both cranks for the
final tightening but the one crank positioning is great.

Artemis BonaDea