Norhtern California APHA meeting

Technology & the Book: Behind-the-Scenes
American Printing History Association
 Northern California Chapter

Please join us for a behind-the-scene tour of
Octavo Corporation
on Thursday, June 8th, at 6pm.

Members and friends of the American Printing History Association,
Northern California Chapter, are invited to make a special
behind-the-scenes
visit to OCTAVO, the digital rare book publisher. We will tour the Octavo
facility in Oakland and witness first-hand how this innovative company
combines the earliest book printing with the latest digital technology.
Our host will be Jocelyn Bergen.

Our second behind-the-scenes event will take place in early September
when we view
"The Future of Reading" at the Tech Museum, San Jose. After these two
great behind-the-scenes events, you won't want to miss our annual
candlelight
dinner meeting at Chimera Books & Music, Redwood City, a great way to
celebrate the Winter Solstice. This one is for members and guests only;
please join NoCal APHA.

Information and directions from Kathy Walkup/kwalk@mills.edu.

Kathleen A. Walkup
Director, Book Arts Program
Mills College                           P.o. Box 327
Oakland CA 94613                        Palo Alto CA 94302
                                        650 218 7431/tel
510 430 2001/tel                        650 325 7166/fax
510 430 3314/fax
kwalk@mills.edu