Ross Art Paste

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to followup on the conversations we has a
few weeks ago regarding Ross Art Paste. We ended with
some question as to whether it was acid free or not.

I contacted Dick Blick who put me in touch with the
manufacturer, American Glue Corp. The man who created
Ross Art Paste, named Joe Ginder, was very helpful. He
said that the paste is indeed methyl cellulose with a
small amount of sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) added
to it as a thickener. Runs about a 9-11 ph.

This was great news to me since my local art supply
wanted $12 for about 2 ounces of methyl cell, but Ross
Art Pages costs about $2.83 for the same amount.

Hope this helps,

Kevin Thomas