Re: wall paper paste and rat poison?

In a message dated 8/3/00 3:42:59 AM Central Daylight Time, tcl@TELEPORT.COM
writes:

<< I hate to rain on anyone's parade (which is why I declined
 to respond - again- to assertions about the viability of CD's)
 but a) methyl cellulose is cheap (purchase it from the good
 folk who sell wallpaper, not art supplies)  >>

Hi, I was told that we could not use wall paper paste (methyl celllulose) in
a class room because the manufacturers add rat poison to it.  This stops the
rats from eating through the walls.  It doesn't say anything about the poison
on the labels--so maybe this isn't true today as it was 20 years ago.  Or
maybe it is an urban legend?  I don't know, but I stopped using it and stick
to Ross Art paste.

Does anyone have the scoop on the poison thing?  True?  False?

-Lee in Milwaukee