Re: Period writing accoutrements

Maybe someone else on the list can remember but there is a calligraphy book
(the title I can not remember) that has an excellent discussion on how to
cut and trim a quill pen. Step by step with great illustrations. Pretty
recent in publication

There is also the following link:

Not quite as good but satisfactory

http://www.regia.org/quill2.htm

Kurt

Thank you but I know how to cut quills into pens.  So far I have been using
a xacto knife to cut them.  But soon I will be doing some reenactment work
where I would prefer not to have a contemporary cutting implement.  That's
why I am looking for more period looking tools.

Your help is appreciated. :)

Maria