Re: mold on leather

It isn't mold. It's the leather deteriorating from acid contamination
that occurred in the tanning process. A chemical called Klucel-g (I
think that's the spelling) can be used to consolidate the leather
somewhat, but as far as I know, the process is irreversible.

Carol Grossman

--
Carol Grossman

Member ABAA, ILAB, RMABA
Specializing in fine press books,
illustrated books, and books about books.

Four Rivers Books, Ltd.
7228 Four Rivers Road
Boulder CO 80301 USA

Phone: 303 530 7567