Apprenticeships

Does anyone know of a good resource for finding
apprenticeship opportunities in bookbinding/book arts
outside of the U.S.? Or is there anyone on this list
who would be willing to accept apprentices?

I have looked at the Book Workers Guild study
opportunities list, however I am interested in doing
volunteer/apprentice work rather than a degree
program. Is the apprenticeship system of education
still common in Europe, for example, or has it given
way to major degree programs in universities?

--Amy Greco