Re: Apprenticeships

Amy:

I have an apprenticeship program in Arizona. If you can plan ahead a bit...
I'm signing up apprentices for the Winter of 2002. You can read information
on apprenticeships at Waterleaf Mill & Bindery at:
http://www.primenet.com/~patbooks/workshop.html

Cordially,

Pat Baldwin

At 12:38 PM 08/13/2000 -0700, you wrote:
>Does anyone know of a good resource for finding
>apprenticeship opportunities in bookbinding/book arts
>outside of the U.S.? Or is there anyone on this list
>who would be willing to accept apprentices?
>
>I have looked at the Book Workers Guild study
>opportunities list, however I am interested in doing
>volunteer/apprentice work rather than a degree
>program. Is the apprenticeship system of education
>still common in Europe, for example, or has it given
>way to major degree programs in universities?
>
>Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
>
>--Amy Greco

Satisfaction lies in the effort,=20
not in the attainment.    =20
                         Gandhi         =20