Re: Oliner Fibre Platinum Board

I also bought a batch of the Platinum Board from Oliner to replace Davey =
Board, and was also disappointed. I wasn't as disappointed in the finish =
on the surface of the board (I found I could sand off any small flecks or =
odd spots), as I was in the overall "evenness" of the board. What I mean =
is that the board didn't have the same micrometer reading throughout -- =
all of the board I ordered was thinner around the edges -- making a large =
portion of the board completely unusable.

I would be interested to hear if anybody has had success with any other =
good quality/high end boards available, and/or if anybody has found a =
reliable source for Davey's Gold label.=20

Thanks!
Nicole

>>> roroberts@JUNO.COM - 8/14/00 10:24 AM >>>
I ordered a batch of "Platinum Board" from Oliner Fibre, as replacement
for Davey's Gold Label, which appears unavailable. I like the density,
but was bummed about the finish... uneven spots, etc. Has anyone been
using this board and have comments to offer?

Bob Roberts