Re: Can anyone identify this press???

A per-historic pasta machine?  Only kidding - It looks like a clothes
ringer to me, but all the ones I have seen have been attached to the
washing machines.

What was the person who sent the picture using it for?  Or did they
just want to identify it. I can sure see where it would make a great
tool for pressing water out of handmade paper sheets.