Re: BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 19 Aug 2000 to 20 Aug 2000 (#2000-226)

--------------E86A12F76417581E81ACDA91

Well, this was a great thread!  I have a wonderful old clothes wringer
in my office, and have been meaning to convert it to some type of press,
especially for transfers.  Thanks for all the (inadvertent) advice!
Melissa Jay Craig
Chicago

>  We use it for
> all sorts of things needing moderate pressure since it works on the
> same
> principle as an etching press, just missing the press bed. The great
> thing
> is that since it doesn't have a fixed bed on it, you can make your own
> 'plate' from all sorts of rigid but flexible and thin materials of any
> length.

--------------E86A12F76417581E81ACDA91

wringer in my office, and have been meaning to convert it to some type
of press, especially for transfers.&nbsp; Thanks for all the (inadvertent)
advice!</div>

all sorts of things needing moderate pressure since it works on the same<br>
principle as an etching press, just missing the press bed. The great thing<br>
is that since it doesn't have a fixed bed on it, you can make your own<br>
'plate' from all sorts of rigid but flexible and thin materials of any<br>
length.<br>
<BR></div>