Re: Tipping question

---  Loud Creek Books & Bindery <loudcreek@WORLDNET.ATT.NET> wrote:
We are going to have to tip a series of pieces into a book we are
constructing. In fact the entire book will be these pieces. The problem is
the pieces themselves are on a somewhat heavy stock (approx. 80 -100 lb) and
are therefore somewhat stiff.

I might be wrong but I foresee problems with stresses being placed on the
lighter weight (24 lb. laid paper) pages. I would love to hear suggestions
on a method of tipping that would decrease the chances that these pieces
will stress or damge the pages we are going to be placing them on. As the
pages are handled etc.
--- end of quote ---

Could you score and crease the heavier pages so that they fold on the fore edge
side of the tip-in rather than pull on the lighter weight page?  Jigs could be
made to make the scoring and gluing go very quickly.

Eric

 Eric Alstrom       Hanover, NH
 Book: Artist | Binder | Conservator
 bookbinder@dartmouth.edu