Re: Can anyone identify this press???

The Brits call this a mangle, or a clothes wringer here is Disneyland.
Many of the traditional English printmakers manuals show artists using
these beauties to print simple relief or wood blocks.  I fully approve of
any method, any technology, but I wouldn't spend many night dreaming about
printing type or anything where a controled, reproduceable impression is
critical.  If you have no other press...give it a shot, but forget about
etching.  Driving my car over my plates would give more consistant results.

The skinny is this...A printing press can always mangle...but a mangle
won't always print!

Still I wish I had a great old iron mangle..they are great and with enough
experience and good woodcut might roll out!

Best,

Michael