Re: Can anyone identify this press???

Hi All,

I havn't looked at the images but the general opinion seems to be that
the
object is a mangle or clothes wringer.  If so they can easily be
adapted, as
many respondents have suggested for relief printing.   I have a friend
who has
one which works wonderfully for collographs and lino prints.   It has no
fixed
bedding plate, you simply placed the traditional sandwich of plate,
paper and
blankets on a strong but flexible base such as heavy card or laminate
which is
slightly smaller than the width of the rollers.   The "base board" with
the
plate, paper and blanket on it  is fixed between the rollers and held in
place
at the front edge.   The handle is then turned and the "sandwich" fed
through
the press.   I imagine is would work equally as well for woodblocks.

Regards,   Colleen Drew
-
Member Primrose Paperworks Co-operative
http://www.aimit.com.au/primrose/