Re: Turkey leather

Betty,

I have used Tanned Turkey skin/leather which was made in England.  It
looks remarkable like the turkey skin from a holiday dinner only tanned,
and in this case dyed black.  It is similar to ostrich in texture but
not as even a pattern.  If you visit my web site and click on art books,
the first book shown is done in Turkey and calf.  The book is
Frankenstein.  The site is slow to load do to the highly graphic nature
but at least you can see what it looks like.  By the way, I got mine
from Tandy Leather in Atlanta before they closed. I don't know where to
get more but if I decide to peruse it the first place I will check is
Hewitts in London.

The web address is:
http://personal.atl.bellsouth.net/atl/a/b/abecinc/menu.html

Clarke