Re: Can anyone identify this press???

Hi,

I haven't looked at the images but the general opinion seems to be that
the object is a mangle or clothes wringer.  If so these can easily be
adapted, as  many respondents have suggested, for relief printing.   I have a
friend
who has one which works wonderfully for collographs and lino prints.   It has
no
fixed bedding plate, you simply placed the traditional sandwich of plate,
paper and blankets on a strong but flexible base such as heavy card or
laminate
which is slightly smaller than the width of the rollers.   The "base board"
with
the plate, paper and blanket on it  is fixed between the rollers and held in
place at the front edge.   The handle is then turned and the "sandwich" fed
through the press.   I imagine it would work equally as well for woodblocks.

Regards,   Colleen Drew
-
Member Primrose Paperworks Co-operative
http://www.aimit.com.au/primrose/