request to California book artists

--MS_Mac_OE_3050335605_2231028_MIME_Part

Hello Everybody:

The California Center for the Book is in the process of expanding its
website to include information about book arts throughout California. We
will have the segment up and running by the middle of September (keeping our
fingers crossed).

In order to keep these pages dynamic, we need your help. If you are
hosting or know of any events related to the books arts; workshops,
lectures, exhibitions, field trips, movies, etc., we would like to know
about it. We are also more than happy to link your site with our own.

We would also like to include individual artists who are amenable to having
their URL or snail mail addresses up on the site. Eventually we hope to have
a searchable database which will include as many organizations and
individuals as possible.

Thanks in advance!

About the California Center for the Book:
The new California Center for the Book was inaugurated by Dr James
Billington, Librarian of Congress, Dr Kevin Starr, California State
Librarian, and Dr John Y. Cole, Director of the Center for the Book at the
Library of Congress,in a ceremony which took place at the University of
California, Los Angeles, January 21, 2000.
The new Center is now headquartered in the Department of Information Studies
at UCLA, and has been remodeled to comprise twelve partner libraries
distributed across the state. California is one of the first Centers for the
Book to implement a decentralized partnership model. The benefits afforded
by this model are threefold: representatives from each partner library make
up an advisory board and bring a range of strengths to bear on the Center
and its initiatives, vision and direction; we have opportunities for a
variety of stand-alone and collaborative programs and ongoing statewide
initiatives; and we are in an excellent position to facilitate dialog and
information exchange among librarians, booksellers, teachers, students and
readers across the state.
At the California Center for the Book, our vision is to promote the
importance of reading, to improve literacy levels in California, to
encourage the study of the book, book arts and printing, and to celebrate
the book.

For questions or further information, please contact:
Natalie Cole, Assistant Director
California Center for the Book
UCLA Department of Information Studies
209 GSEIS Building
Los Angeles, CA  90095-1521
(310) 206-9361
nacole@ucla.edu
www.calbook.org

--MS_Mac_OE_3050335605_2231028_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>request to California book artists</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<TT>Hello Everybody:<BR>
<BR>
The California Center for the Book is in the process of expanding its &nbsp=
;website to include information about book arts throughout California. We<BR=

will have the segment up and running by the middle of September (keeping ou=
r<BR>
fingers crossed).<BR>
<BR>
In order to keep these pages dynamic, we need your help. If you are<BR>
hosting or know of any events related to the books arts; workshops,<BR>
lectures, exhibitions, field trips, movies, etc., we would like to know<BR>
about it. We are also more than happy to link your site with our own. &nbsp=
;<BR>
<BR>
We would also like to include individual artists who are amenable to having=
 their URL or snail mail addresses up on the site. Eventually we hope to hav=
e a searchable database which will include as many organizations and individ=
uals as possible.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
Thanks in advance!<BR>
<BR>
About the California Center for the Book: <BR>
The new California Center for the Book was inaugurated by Dr James <BR>
Billington, Librarian of Congress, Dr Kevin Starr, California State Librari=
an, and Dr John Y. Cole, Director of the Center for the Book at the Library =
of Congress,in a ceremony which took place at the University of California, =
Los Angeles, January 21, 2000.<BR>
The new Center is now headquartered in the Department of Information Studie=
s at UCLA, and has been remodeled to comprise twelve partner libraries distr=
ibuted across the state. California is one of the first Centers for the Book=
 to implement a decentralized partnership model. The benefits afforded by th=
is model are threefold: representatives from each partner library make up an=
 advisory board and bring a range of strengths to bear on the Center and its=
 initiatives, vision and direction; we have opportunities for a variety of s=
tand-alone and collaborative programs and ongoing statewide initiatives; and=
 we are in an excellent position to facilitate dialog and information exchan=
ge among librarians, booksellers, teachers, students and readers across the =
state. <BR>
At the California Center for the Book, our vision is to promote the importa=
nce of reading, to improve literacy levels in California, to encourage the s=
tudy of the book, book arts and printing, and to celebrate the book. <BR>
<BR>
<BR>
For questions or further information, please contact:<BR>
Natalie Cole, Assistant Director<BR>
California Center for the Book<BR>
UCLA Department of Information Studies<BR>
209 GSEIS Building<BR>
Los Angeles, CA &nbsp;90095-1521<BR>
(310) 206-9361<BR>
<FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF"><U>nacole@ucla.edu<BR>
</U></FONT>www.calbook.org</TT> <BR>
<BR>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3050335605_2231028_MIME_Part--