Re: ancient Venetian binding

Hi Meg,

I'm sorry for taking so long to thank you for your very helpful message.  I was
hoping to get some better idea about Coptic binding before returning your message
but I have very little luck so far.  The book that stitched on leather that I saw
may just be an example of some modern variation of the ancient Coptic practice.  I
was very much taken by the beauty of its unsophisticated stitches in combination
with the nice feel of the leather.  It will be very nice to get to know the origin
of the practice.  Szirmai's book may be the answer.  Even though its cost is a bit
beyond the means of a student such as I am, I'll make an investment of it soon or
later.  Thank you again for sharing this information with me!

Best,

Yixi Zhang