Re: ancient Venetian binding

Hi Irina,

I'm sorry for taking so long to thank you for your helpful message.  I was
hoping to get some better idea about "tacketted" binding before returning your
message but I have very little luck so far.  Some says that book that stitched
on leather that I saw may just be a modern variation of the ancient Coptic
practice.  I was very much taken by the beauty of its unsophisticated stitches
in combination with the nice feel of the leather.  It will be very nice to get
to know the origin of it.  I'll be keep looking and if I make any interesting
discovery, I'll let you know, ok?

Thank you again for your help.

Best,

Yixi Zhang in Victoria, B.C., Canada