Re: What do photographers use to sign their photographs ?

On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, Uri Kolodni wrote:

> I was asked by one of my clients, a photographer, what to use for
> signing on his photographs. Any kind of archival/preservation wise pen ?

It depends on the kind of print and whether you are signing on the front
or back of it.  I sign my work on the back and use a pencil for
fiber-based (paper) prints.  Ilfochrome (Cibachrome) prints are signed
with ball-point pen as I assume that the plastic base is suitable
protection.  For other work I usually print out a label on archival paper
and sign on the label.  Then you can glue the label to the back of the
print using your favorite glue.

Ray *