Re: What do photographers use to sign their photographs ?

I agree with almost everything you say except as a photographer I would NEVER
use a ball point pen (except on labels that have been written on PRIOR to
being placed on the back of a print). A ball point pen can sometimes leave an
undesireable impression on the print ,even on an RC.