book arts criticism?

Melinda Gales wrote:

"I have been unofficially curating the Virginia Commonwealth University Book
Art Collection for over 3 years now.  We have been collecting for 20+ years.
Our collection keeps growing (over 3,000 pieces)and is one of the largest in
the Southeast.  The head of my department and I argue endlessly over the
subject of what Book Art is and how to define quality in this area.  I am
definitely interested in any dialog dealing with this subject!

Dear Mindy,

What criteria have you ended up using to choose pieces for your collection?

I think this discussion is a great idea.

Suzanne Denker
Portland, Oregon