Re: Old Vellum: A retraction--not a chance

Robert, I had read my first Plato dialogue, as well as sizeable chunks of
Homer (both in the original), by the time I was 16. I've published
translations from the Medieval Latin, and not published translations from
the Medieval German, French and Occitan. Right now I'm preparing a course
(for my adorable students with studs in their heads) which includes
comparisons between a 17th-century Mexican villancico (in the original)
and the text to a Bach cantata - in the original. Now tell me, from whence
do *you* derive your claim to defend the past? From watching Masturbate
Theater?