What is art / good criticism?

------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C01393.647E6860

Good grief!  I went through this in a required summer-school class on =
"The Philosophy of Art" in a grad school 33 years ago just to get my MA.

The students hated it; the instructor hated it; the school insisted on =
it.

  I think I have still not recovered.
Like a too-dead body in the pool it just keeps coming to the surface.
Ugh.  Enough already.

Any fellow travellers out there?

Charles Schermerhorn

------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C01393.647E6860

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>Good grief!&nbsp; I went through this in a required summer-school =
class on=20
"The Philosophy of Art" in a grad school 33 years ago just to get my =
MA.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The students hated it; the instructor hated it; the school insisted =
on=20
it.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp; I think I have still not recovered.</DIV>
<DIV>Like a too-dead body in the pool it just keeps coming to the =
surface.</DIV>
<DIV>Ugh.&nbsp; Enough already.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Any fellow travellers out there?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Charles Schermerhorn</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C01393.647E6860--