Re: What is art - ad absurdam

But how many of us delude ourselves with the hope of grandeur or
greatness?
Hence the willingness of the BookArts to compete so as to have the
"best" or most inovative design.

Not that I disdain such things, I mean William Morris participated as
much
in the elitist ideal, but his, and Kelmscott's motives were purist and
sought
to prove a point amidst the populist publishing practices of the day.
Just as ours
to-day is to show the world and those who care that "perfect binding" is
hardly
a binding at all in the traditional sense, and is rarely perfect.  (Had
any mass
paperbacks loose their pages lately? I have.)

RJMiller
Baltimore, MD