Re: What is art - ad absurdum

The only way to any kind of consensus on this is to take Freud's advice.
Art, like all human behavior, exists in a polymorphously perverse state;
that is, anything that can be done will be done, and sure, it's still art.
Foucault and Wittgenstein would say that anything that is called art is
art, because what is art other than a label, a word, which defines itself?

It's like trying to define God. I am not sure why we bother; just like
trying to define God, we get further away from it the more we try to
define it.

Joshua Lurie-Terrell
design and publications
California State Senate