GBW Auction

Please excuse any crossposting of this announcement!

The Guild of BookWorkers is just four weeks away from its annual 'Standards
of Excellence Seminar', which will be held this year in Salt Lake City, Utah.
 In connection with the Seminar, the Guild will be hosting its Fifth Annual
Fund Raising Auction and I would like everyone on this list to consider
donating something for a good cause, whether or not you are attending the
conference.

Many - but not all - of the items we receive each year are book related, or
bookbinding related. Some items are very creative, fun, unusual or even
bizarre. Smaller items are often grouped together with similar items to make
interesting 'lots'.

I encourage everyone to check your closets, under your workbench, in the
attic, etc., and consider making a donation to a very worthy cause.  Not only
is The Guild of BookWorkers a nonprofit organization, but we are happy to say
that part of the proceeds of lasts years auction have been earmarked to
sponsor THREE scholarship recipients to attend this years event. And best of
all - we are again honored to have Mr. Bill Drendel serving as our
illustrious (and humorous) auctioneer!

Following is just a sampling of past donations to spark your imagination and
get you thinking about what YOU might have to offer.  At the bottom of this
notice I have listed the name and address of our volunteer in Utah to which
all donations be sent, but because I personally prepare advance placards with
brief descriptions, kindly e-mail me a BRIEF description along with your best
guess of the items' value so I can take care of advance paperwork.  With only
four weeks to go, please mail or UPS your donations to Helen Peters as soon
as possible.

Here is just a brief list of some of our past donations:

Limited Editions Books                    Books in Sheets
         Bookbinding Instruction Manuals      Sewing frames, backing hammers
Artists Books                                  Bone folders, paring knives,
small tools
Handmade/handmarbled papers       Handmade stationery, note cards
Bookbinding Equipment & Tools       Marbling supplies
Calligraphy books and supplies        Bookbinding leathers, cloths or papers
Book-shaped novelties (salt shakers, canisters, flasks, etc.)
Prints, posters, calligraphed pieces  Bottles of wine, champagne, Dom Perignon
Marbled jewelry, scarves                 Brass tools, finishing stoves, gold
leaf
Private consultations, free workshops and lessons, services
Fine Bindings, Design Bindings       Paper Cuttings
Exhibition Catalogs                         Miniature books, pop-ups, etc.
Blank books, diaries, etc.

Thanks in advance for your support!

Karen L. Crisalli, President
The Guild of BookWorkers

PLEASE E-MAIL YOUR DESCRIPTION TO:
karenc5071@aol.com

PLEASE SEND YOUR DONATIONS TO:
Ms. Helen M. Peters, Development Officer
College of Humanities, University of Utah
255 S Central Campus Drive, Room 2100
Salt Lake City, Utah  84112-0493