Re: Criticism/ Rejection: Some Thoughts

I tend to agree with Roberta's first statement, that craftsmanship is
technique, but it is also more. It is choice of materials, structure,
workmanship. It is a very objective thing. In contrast, whether something
is soul-less is very objective. We see what we want to see. If something
just exudes soul, screams out to the viewer "see my torment," or whatever,
but is also oozing glue, the boards fall off... It may have soul, but
craftsmanship? Nope, sorry.

Roberta, no need to stand corrected.

p.

>Sorry - I stand corrected. I read craftsmanship as technique.
>
>R.

Peter D. Verheyen
<mailto:verheyen@philobiblon.com>
<Fax: 612.632.3718>