Re: Thanks Re: KwikPrint...New question about it

--------------F38F75DB52C566F7D295ED18

Try turning the temperature DOWN.  I get a much clearer impression if I use a
lower temperature on some papers, because the paper disperses the heat so
readily.  Another trick would be to use less dwell time. Pulsing can work if
you can raise the type high enough off the surface to let it cool slightly
before it restrikes.

Hope this helps,
Ann Frellsen

Marie-Celeste Edwards wrote:

> Now, the new question:
> I'm trying to hot stamp onto handmade paper. I know the paper is more
> absorbent and so far I haven't been able to get a clear release. I've
> tried the temp up to 270 degrees, I've also tried pulsing down onto the
> impression...Any trick that anyone can share?

--------------F38F75DB52C566F7D295ED18

begin:vcard
n:Frellsen;Ann
tel;fax:404-727-0053
tel;work:404-727-0307
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://info.library.emory.edu/preservation
org:Emory University Libraries;Preservation Office
adr:;;Woodruff Library, Rm. 127;Atlanta;GA;30322-2870;
version:2.1
email;internet:libavf@emory.edu
title:Collections Conservator
x-mozilla-cpt:;3