Re: unsubscribing

I'm sorry that this former subscriber was inconvienced, but my reasoning is
not absurd. There are so many people issuing listserv commands, that I do
not have the time to do it all. I'm more than happy to post FAQs, send
instructions, and help if there is a technical reason. But, my philosophy,
and that of most other listowners, is that if someone can get themselves
on, they can get themselves off or change options. The commands are all
there, and for most, should be be clear. Again, if there is a technical
reason, i.e. your server address has changed, I will take care of that for
you. 99% of those sending commands don't succeed, however, because they
mis-spell the name of the list, or send the command as if writing to a
person. Listserver is a machine, and syntax is everything.

Please take the time to familiarize yourself with the FAQ. It'll make
everyone's life easier. For convenience, the URL to the FAQ is in the
header and footer of EVERY message sent.

Thanks,

Peter

At 09:47 AM 9/11/00 -0700, you wrote:

>That's absurd. Please take me off the list now.
>
>Michael Barker

Peter D. Verheyen
<mailto:verheyen@philobiblon.com>
<Fax: 612.632.3718>